Jon David

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

E! Online - The Soup

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The first week



Well, it turns out it's ok I'm doing this late because I don't remember much from that first week home. Between the vicodin and no sleep, well, you parents out there know what I mean. Let me take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to my mother who was with Jon and I for a total of 6 weeks. We were so happy she could be here for the birth and even happier she could help after. Jon and I would watch the clock, knowing at 9am, we could sleep because Oma would take over! I still had to get up to feed Jon David, but my naps all day long probably saved our marriage. I always heard that being a parent was the hardest, yet best experience ever. That really didn't mean much until it happened to us. I thank God everyday for our little one (even when I don't sleep!) I am also happy to report that my Oma was able to come visit and hold JD all day long. She is a proud great-grandma!!! We call her "Uber-Oma" because my mom is now Oma! I am pretty sure if I was not breastfeeding, my mom and Oma would have taken the baby home with them...

No comments: